MENU

A Post about campaigns – Campaign Chests, that is

Can we all agree that we’re relieved the presidential election is over? But let’s talk about how awesome campaigns are – campaign dressers!

I’ve been on the hunt for a campaign dresser for a few months now. One day Simon came home from work and said that he thought the TV looked shabby sitting on the hearth. And I have no issue with that. But the problem became twofold: (1) we don’t have anything to put the TV back on as I’ve rearranged furniture and am using the buffet in the entryway and (2) we now have a larger TV so it wouldn’t fit on the old buffet anyway.

Can I just tell you that it is easier to find a needle in a haystack than it is to find a campaign chest? Well, a campaign dresser, really. Chests, desks, and nightstands  can be found with relative ease, but the dressers are few and far between. Luckily I stumbled on Etsy shop ExeterFields who ever-so-kindly emailed me when they finally came upon a dresser.  She’s even going to paint it in any custom color I prefer. How great is that?

So that leads me to my new dilemma. What color to paint it?

Here’s the room that it’s going in — there’s definitely a lot of colors we could choose from.

Obviously the “safe” route would be to paint it white or cream. But I find myself drawn to doing navy, pale green or maybe a mint. Check out these super-lame photoshopped mockups. Please note that we will have everything painted, w/ the exception of the brass hardware, obvs. I just didn’t want to take the time to outline every single piece of the hardware, so I focused on only the drawers.

What do you think? What color should we go with?

, , , ,

Dig a little deeper

21 Responses to A Post about campaigns – Campaign Chests, that is

1. Vicky M. November 7, 2012 at 7:13 am #

Love the new dresser! My vote is for navy!

2. danielle @ lou what wear November 7, 2012 at 9:12 am #

NAVY! For sure!

xo
    d

3. Jessica Packard November 7, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Emerald or navy blue! Those pillows are asking for a bright piece of furniture ;)

4. Jessica Packard November 7, 2012 at 9:18 am #

bold** it’s too early to be commenting!

5. Susan S. November 7, 2012 at 9:20 am #

NAVY BLUE!!!

6. Kelly November 7, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Call me crazy, but I kind of love the look of it as-is! I am not one of those people who hates to paint wood- I am usually pro-painting of everything, but it has such an interesting grain! Reminds me of the look of malachite. I’d shine up that brass and let it be.

If I had to pick a paint color, pistachio!

• RachelShingleton November 7, 2012 at 9:58 am #

I hear you — there is something really warm about natural wood. But since I haven’t gotten to see the piece in person yet, I’m hesitant to let the opportunity get away from me to have it professionally painted.

7. Brittney Orr November 7, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Emerald! I love the green; it’s so bold and would make such a statement!

8. Jamie November 7, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Navy! LOVE the navy!

9. Caitlyn November 7, 2012 at 9:58 am #

I also like Navy, but I would only paint the drawer fronts – like you show in the mock-up – when I read you actually planned to paint the whole thing in real life, I was surprised, I think the wood outlines make it pop!

10. aunt patsy November 7, 2012 at 10:01 am #

take more pictures with the bright pretty pillows on top. for now, I choose navy, that is simply a classy color which I fell in love with when you decorated your room in navy and white. :-) this is just an opinion from one of your many aunts! :-)

11. pippinpearl November 7, 2012 at 10:09 am #

I think the navy is pretty, but it stands out as a little “old fashioned” –and you, my friend, are anything but. I have to say that emerald or cream would be my choice. Cream would be safe — that emerald is a showstopper!

• RachelShingleton November 7, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Definitely don’t want to be old-fashioned! As Simon and I were talking last night, we were thinking of going with more of a brighter blue. Like not quite as bright as a cobalt, but less conservative than the navy.

12. Claire Westbrook November 7, 2012 at 11:09 am #

Those are all great color options! I may be the only one, but I love the pistachio!

13. ckron79 November 7, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Emerald all the way!

14. Rachel B November 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

navy! it makes the brass pop beautifully

15. Allison Hasel November 8, 2012 at 12:29 am #

Emerald or pistachio are my votes! So gorgeous – and I am so jealous! :D

16. LaNeale Robertson November 8, 2012 at 9:59 am #

I like the green and pistachio but would have loved to see the red! Of course I die for those Chiang Mai Pillows. I need to check this etsy site out. Does shipping cost a fortune?

• RachelShingleton November 8, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Shipping on the pillows or on the dresser? Yeah, the dresser shipping is a little $$ – around $100.

17. Mia B November 8, 2012 at 11:42 am #

Love! I vote for a two-toned paint job to show off the graphic lines of the dresser (kind of like your photoshop job) in navy outline with lighter blue drawer fronts. My thinking is if the piece is too bright, might be distracting from what is on television? I googled two-tone dresser and found this one kind of what I was picturing: http://www.google.com/imgres?start=206&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1024&bih=566&tbm=isch&tbnid=gfyiCv6n-tomiM:&imgrefurl=http://www.inspiredbysaturday.com/Blog/tabid/56/entryid/139/Two-Toned-Dresser-with-Awesome-Hardware.aspx&docid=74AB9K2L1NiWJM&imgurl=http://www.inspiredbysaturday.com/Portals/0/BLOG%252520Posts/Blue%252520Striped%252520Dresser%252520with%252520Chrome%252520Hardware/DSC_1292-001.JPG&w=600&h=542&ei=o-2bUO2AC8TuyAGmiIHYDQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=478&sig=103959193313988903625&page=10&tbnh=135&tbnw=141&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:200,i:22&tx=48&ty=53

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Get the look: Colorful Living Room & Kitchen | Pencil Shavings Studio - August 8, 2013

[...] few items were staying, such as our Madeline Weinrib rug and the campaign dresser for the TV. But! Everything else was negotiable.  Ok, so let’s talk about that sofa. That CREAMY WHITE [...]