Let’s make some new internet friends! Sometimes you need to shake up your blog reader with fresh inspiration. And after spending a few days with something like 700 fabulous bloggers last week, I’m full of new fun things bookmarked to check out. Continue Reading →
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – if you’re a design blogger! For the third year in a row, I’ll be attending Altitude Summit in Salt Lake City, and I couldn’t be more excited. The parties! The frocks! The fab sponsors!
This year I’ll be leading two round tables on the topic of “From Blog to Shop.” I’d love it if you stopped by to chat on either Thursday or Friday! I’m also hoping that we’ll have enough time to get in some quick tips on tabletop photo styling for shopowners – one of my favorite parts of my business! So don’t miss it – we’re going to have tons of fun and talk about all things shop related.
My Personal Must-Sees/Must-Do at Alt
- Dress for the occasion. This is my time to dress up to the nines and revel in every moment of it. I love an excuse to wear a party dress!
- The breakfasts. Don’t miss having Downton Abbey style breakfasts in the hotel restaurant. Can I just tell you that I live for fabulous hotel breakfasts? I really do. And luckily so does Erin Cooper (#roomie).
- The amazing toy store. Jou Jou is a dream come true. And you better believe that Jude is looking forward to whatever present I bring him from there.
- Meeting new people and chatting in the lounges. You just can’t beat the amazing networking that happens at Alt. The best things of my career have been born there.
Personal Goals for Alt 2014
- Forging some fab new collaborations and brand partnerships.
- Defining some goals for my shop and blog.
- Brainstorming new content.
- Filling my cup creatively and lighting my fire for 2014.
Looking for a recap on what to expect if you’re heading to Alt?
- The first year I attended Alt (2012).
- A recap of the amazing style at Alt (it is a bunch of design people, after all).
- Takeaways from 2012 – these things got me motivated for some amazing things that followed Alt.
- Alt 2013. My sophomore year!
- The takeaways I had from 2013 and my goals for moving forward. I’m happy to say most of these things happened!
Here’s some more of my favorite posts floating around right now about Alt 2014.
- Laura Trevey has 7 tips to make Alt SLC work for you.
- Mara Kofoed has the best 21 tips I’ve read thus far for surviving Alt.
Finally, here’s my top tips on How to get the most out of creative conferences.
See you in Salt Lake? If so, come say hi!
Big news, you guys! I’m happy to let you all know that I’m giving away not one, not two, but THREE free tickets to Alt for Everyone, the online version of the wildly popular Altitude Design Summit in SLC. Alt for Everyone will be happening September 26th thru the 28th and there’s a wide variety of topics you can learn about. Yours truly is speaking on the topic of branding on Friday the 27th and I’d love to have you in my class.
Ok, included in the giveaway with each ticket (a $135 value) is the following:
- 7 online classes of your choice
- 1 online keynote session
- 1 virtual social meet-up
And don’t forget a box full of goodies will show up in your mailbox as well! Happy commenting, and good luck!