MENU

Peter Pan Party!

Get ready for a picture-heavy post, but there were just too many good photos to choose from!

Jude’s Peter Pan party was a huge success! We are so grateful for our family who all came and showered our 3-year-old boy with such fun and love.
Here’s the birthday boy, waiting for his party to start.

I used a lot of different items from Garnish, like their wooden flatware (pictured above) and their striped straws. They just had too many good things to choose from!
Here’s Peter Pan in full regalia

Here were the favors – red stripe bags (from etsy seller Fort & Field) tied with bakers twine and sealed with a custom Peter Pan sticker (PaperSource round imprintables) and matching red felt feather (stiff red felt, hand cut by me).  Inside were gold coins, pirate eye patches, colorable pirate ships, and other goodies like silly bands.

To go with the favor bags, there were pixie dust packets (from etsy seller The Crafty Dragonfly) wrapped in glassine envelopes from Garnish with instructions for flying printed on the labels.

Also on the entry table, our display of Peter Pan paraphernalia: a variety of pirates’ hats, a paper top hat (like John’s from the movie), an Indian paper headdress (both these hats were from the PaperSource Thanksgiving decoration set), and a couple of Peter Pan hats we have from Disneyland.

Happy Birthday banner from etsy seller The Spoiled Wall.

Birthday cake setup. Cupcakes and cake “cannonballs” (oreo cake balls!!!) were from Kiley’s Kupcakes – AMAZING! If your’e in the OKC area, definitely call Kiley. I don’t know what she puts in that frosting, but it’s definitely the best I’ve ever tasted.

Green Izze drinks!

Before I was born, Dad took some painting classes and this was one of his paintings – a pirate ship! Mom brought it over as she thought it was totally appropriate for a Peter Pan party and I could not have agreed more. Jude was thrilled. This was also our drink station. I made fruit punch that went in the container.  I also used butcher paper to wrap the island in the kitchen where all the food was (made for super easy cleanup, but also went w/ the overall look), and I also did this little butcher paper skirt on the console table to protect it.

Of course there had to be sticky rats lurking around.

Catch of the day: Swedish fish on wooden skewers

Lost Boys’ trail mix (s’mores mix from Target) in the wooden paper cones from Garnish. Faux-boix box wrapped in paper from Elum.

Freeze-dried strawberries in the containers from Garnish. The boxes in the back were individual servings of homemade bowtie mac & cheese (pixie wing pasta!). And of course we had Pirate’s Booty, too!

Our entryway was the entrance into Neverland. The Neverland star was from Ikea, Oh, and you can kinda see Big Ben to the left in the photo below.

Look at Wendy! And Tick Tock, the crocodile!

Singing “happy birthday.” Was he proud or what?!  We sure were proud of him. The kids were just all so cute!

Here’s my teepees out in the back. Simon got a bale of hale for the kids to sit on – the cutest little photo-op!

Here’s me as Pirate Mommy

And Simon as Captain Hook, natch!

The Pirate family w/ Peter Pan. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that the majority of my costume came from my actual wardrobe. :-

Tinkerbell!

All the kids, ready for trick or treating! Our city did trick or treating on Saturday for some reason. We had so much fun going with all our family together!

Look at the UPS man! I LOVE it!

WOW. What a party it was! I love throwing a party that makes little kids’ eyes light up with wonder and amazement. And of course, maybe a few grownups too. Because as you know, Peter Pan is all about never growing up. Jude was thrilled to pieces, and that’s what it was all about. Thank you to EVERYBODY who made this day such a success! We love you!

, , ,

Dig a little deeper

32 Responses to Peter Pan Party!

1. Mandy Ford November 1, 2010 at 7:54 am #

SUCH an adorable party!!

2. Lauren November 1, 2010 at 11:08 am #

TOOO cute. And creative. And fabulous. And inspiring!

3. UK November 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

Happy Birthday, Jude!

I didn’t think Cheryl could be outdone on a birthday party but she and I both agree it has happened. What fun. Thank you for bringing so much fun and memories to the family.

Love you all so much,

UK

4. Keri November 1, 2010 at 1:09 pm #

You are the coolest mommy ever! I love ALL the details of the party, so fun!

5. Bridget November 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm #

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time! And I love the green. What a great color…

6. janet November 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

I love that you just totally went for it and put your gifts into full swing! Jude looks like he had a total ball.

7. Allison November 1, 2010 at 9:31 pm #

I absolutely loved going through these pictures — I felt like I was there! It’s a rarity out in blogland but this felt like such a genuine party. Not too over the top but still tons of details and most importantly, the kids were having a blast! High-5 to you! PERFECT.

• jill goldman November 12, 2010 at 12:28 pm #

Rachel-
      what a lovely party, you are such a creative gal!

• Rachel November 12, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

Thanks, Jill!

xoxo,
        R

8. Kim December 14, 2010 at 6:02 am #

So adorable! I love all the little details and the photo op station is fantastic!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

• Rachel December 14, 2010 at 8:41 am #

Thank you! It was such a fun party to throw!

9. Danielle @ Belleza e Luce January 6, 2011 at 11:00 am #

What a wonderful party! Both my son and daughter enjoyed looking at the photos as well. And your father’s painting … exquisite!

• Rachel January 6, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

Yay! I’m so glad to hear it – it was such a fun party to plan. Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

10. beka {ginger*urchin} March 9, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

This is such an awesome and beautifully executed Peter Pan party! I absolutely love the details… the wooden cutlery, the favor bags, the pompom trim and the teepees… Will be using lots of these ideas for our P/P party this weekend :) Thanks for sharing and the inspiration :)

11. beka buckley March 9, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

12. Katie April 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

I’m so glad to have found your post! We’re planning a Peter Pan party for my little girl’s 3rd birthday and everything you’ve done her is awesome!!

• RachelShingleton April 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Thank you!

13. Katie April 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

• Anonymous April 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Thank you!

14. Magento Theme April 14, 2011 at 8:00 am #

What a fantastic party.. Really amazing.. Happy birthday peter pan..

15. Magento Theme April 14, 2011 at 8:00 am #

What a fantastic party.. Really amazing.. Happy birthday peter pan..

16. Vanessa Aldoradin June 16, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

I love all your ideas. I am from Peru , my son will be 3 years next August. We are watching all the amazing ideas you’ve got. Congrats!!!

17. Vanessa Aldoradin June 16, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

18. Acwalker85 April 13, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

I love this! Our boys will be 4 and 2 in May and we are planning a PP party. Love the backdrops for photos. We found an alligator ring toss game that I can add to my new list of ideas thanks to your awesome blog!

19. Acwalker85 April 13, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

20. KraftyKim September 1, 2012 at 11:42 am #

this is just adorable!! I love the ideas you had for the different things. So many of them could be used with just about any party!! Nice job!!

21. DianaP January 10, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

SO cute! Where did you find that font for “lost boys trail mix” and “catch of the day”??

22. David Kroj May 21, 2013 at 12:13 am #

So Pretty! I got many ideas with these all picture, how we can celebrate to our children’s birthday, Good Job

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Cute little boy birthday - February 1, 2011

[...] Peter Pan themed birthday party is by Rachel Shingleton of Pencil Shavings. She did a fabulous job. I love the little surprise [...]

2. It only took 3+ years // Pencil Shavings - March 22, 2012

[...] not our style. I even tried to make it work, decorating it for various holidays and parties (such as Jude’s Peter Pan birthday). Also? There is some serious silk flower action happening in that photo above.  I needed something [...]

3. Födelsedagskalas med Peter Pan som tema - October 1, 2012

[...] Jude, som fyller tre år. Han gillar Peter Pan så det fick bli ett kalas med Peter Pan som tema. Pencil Shavings studio bjuder på detta kalas som på ett bra sätt visar hur det går att implementera ett tema till [...]

4. We Can Fly | Garnish - November 3, 2010

[...] Pan said, all that is needed in order to fly is think of a wonderful thought. Well Rachel over at Pencil Shavings must be flying herself to the moon because she is not only chock-full of wonderful thoughts, she [...]